Network Healthcare is currently recruiting for a Reablement Assistant to work on a permanent basis with Slough Borough Council. The position will be 30 hours per week on a rota basis including both early and late shifts and working every other weekend. There are currently four positions available but candidates must be able to commit to the entire working rota which will be discussed once an application is submitted.
The role is undertaken mainly within clients own homes so a car driver is essential.
See below shift times
Early - 07.30-12.30
Late - 16.30-21.30
Working in a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Social Workers, Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists you will be applying a strength based community focused model of Social Care within a locality setting. Reablement Assistants will work to support recovery, rehabilitation and reablement work. This work includes
- Assisting Service users to follow individual outcome planned reablement programmes
- Retraining service users to undertake day to day living skills following an injury or illness
- Undertaking personal care including washing and dressing for service users
- Supporting and teaching service users how to use equipment to aid independence
- To enable service users to retain and achieve the highest level of independence and daily living skills
In order to be considered for this position candidates must:
- Have previous experience working within Adult Social Care
- Ability to communicate effectively with service users
- Have a full driving licence and use of a car with business insurance
- Hold an NVQ Level 2 or above in Health and Social Care or willing to undertake the qualification
- Be prepared to work on a rota basis including evenings and weekends
- Be prepared to work within clients own homes
In return our client is able to offer:
Salary of £10.82-£11.67 per hour plus enhancements for weekends, 25 days annual leave per year rising to 32 days after 5 years service, local government pension scheme, mileage allowance, telephone allowance, free uniform, free training including NVQ, free DBS check.